Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Albertson's Trip - Saved 43%

It was time to get meat again in our house. I hadn't stocked up in awhile and we were running really low. After Ryan's haircut (which btw, he sat ALL BY HIMSELF FOR with NO CRYING), we headed up to our local Albertson's to do some damage in the meat dept. Overall, I did very well. It helped that I had a very content 2 year old who got to ride in the "school bus" cart as he calls it. *A side note of hilarity...we're leaving the meat counter and he yells, "Hey people, I ridin' in da cool bus!" Just when I needed some comic relief :-)

Here is how I did:

6 lbs. 90% lean ground beef: $18.86 (there were manager's special peelie's on each package giving me a total of $4 off). Not bad for 90% lean meat!

2 pkgs. petite sirloin steaks BOGO: $7.64 ea.
1 pkg. New York Strip steak: $7.64 (on sale for $5.88/lb.) I splurged since it was on a great sale. I love me some steak!
2 pkgs. center cut pork chops BOGO: $4.09 ea.
2 Angus chuck roasts BOGO: $7.28 ea.
5 lbs. boneless/skinless chicken breasts: $8.87 ($1.68/lb.!!!) I found these in the butcher block. They are HUGE chicken breasts at at unbeatable price for boneless/skinless!

1 red bell pepper: $1
1 green bell pepper: $1
newspaper: $1

Total before sales & coupons: $135.18
I paid: $76.79 and have a WHOLE lot of meat stocked up!
43% savings :-)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment