Monday, May 31, 2010

Homemade baby teething biscuits

I have these baking in the oven as I type! I made these for Cameron way back when, when he was an infant. He loved them! They make a mess, and you definitely HAVE TO WATCH them when they are eating them, but this is a great recipe that I came across for teething biscuits (I forget where). It sure beats paying for them, when you pay almost $3 for about 20 of them.

Banana Bread Sticks
1/4 C packed brown sugar
1/2 C oil
2 egg yolks (make sure your baby has had these first!)
1 C mashed bananas (I use my hand immersion blender to get them nice and smooth)
1 3/4 C whole wheat flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
  • Combine ingredients and stir only until smooth. Pour into a greased loaf pan.
  • Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 min or until firmly set.
  • Cool, remove from pan and cut into sticks. Spread sticks out on a cookies sheet at bake at 150 degrees F for 1 hr or longer until the sticks are hard and crunchy.

If they don't work for you for teething biscuits, they make for awesome biscotti! :o)



siggy

No comments:

Post a Comment