Sunday, March 28, 2010

End of the month and how I've done so far this year...

I have to say, I love how Kelly W. and I are blogging about our weekly trips to document our grocery savings! I, personally, am keeping track of my spending for the entire year, using Excel. I am allowing $300 per month for groceries. This includes food, toiletries, household items, baby items, pet items, etc. This also includes my trips to Sam's Club. I debated on whether or not to keep our membership, but meat prices are lower there, as are some things that we eat and use, which aren't regularly on sale or have coupons available. I think the savings we get from Sam's definitely offsets the cost of membership ($40/year).

So here is how I have been doing so far this year:
January: Spent: $475.81 Saved: $690.39 (59.2% savings)
February: Spent: $218.22 Saved: $471.67 (68.37% savings)
March: Spent: $367.28 Saved: $595.33 (61.85%)

I am definitely going to try to spend less in April, since I went over budget 2 out of 3 months. I just have to be a little more picky with sales and deals and realize that things will be on sale again some time, and that I don't have to jump on every sale. This saving money thing is definitely awesome, though, and I wonder why I never did it sooner!

siggy

No comments:

Post a Comment