Sunday, April 25, 2010

Chicken and turkey broth

Do you ever have left over chicken broth while cooking? Instead of throwing it away, I have started to freeze it in ice cube trays and then storing it in a freezer bag. It is perfect for when you need a little more broth, but don't want to open another can!

Photobucket

Also, this may be better posted around Thanksgiving, but we had turkey for Easter this year. I left extra meat on the bird and froze the whole thing until I was ready to make broth. Then I put the bird in a big stockpot and covered it with water. I let it simmer for a few hours. Then I strained all the bones and meat out, and put it in the refrigerator overnight. I picked all the meat off the bones to save for another use. Then I scraped off the fat and started ladling the broth into my silicone muffin pans (I have way too much for ice cube trays). Freeze, pop them out and store the same way, in a freezer bag, just like the chicken broth!

Photobucket



siggy

No comments:

Post a Comment