Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rite Aid trip (average of 80.3% savings)

I checked out today with my nemesis, and she of course gave me trouble. It is totally unfair how they can make up rules every time you visit. This time, I was unable to use a coupon valued at $1.50 on an item that was priced at $.99. I understand that they aren't supposed to give overage (although sometimes some coupons go through fine and do give overage), that the official word is NO overage, but I asked if she could adjust the price down. She said no. I searched the Rite Aid website for their official coupon policy and couldn't find it (it may be there, but I didn't see it), so I have an email into corporate to see if they can clarify this situation for me. So because of that, my first transaction was screwed up, because I told her to take them off my bill. I had also given her a $5/$20 Q that I expected her to take off and return to me, but to my surprise, she didn't. So I ended up still with the $5 off, so I am not overly mad.

(Prices are after Qs and sales)

Transaction #1:
3 12 pks diet 7Up: $2.99 each
Reeses dark peanut butter cups: $.05 MM (Case in point about the overage)
U by Kotex pads: $2.49
-$5/$20 Q (She should have given this back to me, but I wasn't complaining)
-$1 SCR for 7 Up
-$3.49 SCR for Kotex

Total before Qs and sales: $20.96
My total OOP: $3.55
Total savings: $17.41 (83.06%)

Transaction #2:
3 jumbo packs Huggies diapers (I am loving all of these $3/1 Qs!): $3.99 each
-$5/$25 Q

Total before Qs and sales: $37.40
My total OOP: $8.40
Total savings: $29.00 (77.54%)

siggy

No comments:

Post a Comment