Monday, January 25, 2010

Giant Eagle trip (average of 53.95% savings)

I also wasn't very happy with my trip to GE this week, since while standing in line waiting to check out, they directed me over to the self-checkout. Those things are awful! I had it beeping at me every other coupon. I got so flustered that I forgot to roll all the catalinas that printed out. The good thing is, they don't expire for a while, so they will definitely be used up. There is an awesome deal this week on Pillsbury biscuits and cinnamon rolls. You can only earn one catalina Q per transaction, though, so I did 3 separate transactions. Here's how I did:

Transaction #1:

6 Grands Jr biscuits ($.50 each)

Total OOP: $3.00, Saved $3.00 (50% savings) and I earned a $4.00 OYNO Q (essentially a $1 MM)


Transaction #2:

3 biscuits/3 cinnamon rolls (I mixed them up, trying to break up my like Q's since the self checkout beeps after 2 like Q's) (price varied since I had different Q amounts)
2 Mr. Clean pourables ($1 each)
1 Mr. Clean spray ($1)
Dawn Hand Renewal ($1.50)
Big ketchup ($3.39)
hamburger buns ($.89)
1 gal milk ($2.38)
6 gal distilled water (for our winemaking!!) ($.85 each)
maple syrup ($2.50- It was on sale, but I hate that I didn't have a Q for this, but we need it)
mushrooms (BOGO) ($1.14)
bananas ($1.10)
pears ($4.26)
apples ($1.80)
4 blocks of cheese ($1 each)

Total OOP: $31.72, Saved: $27.89 (46.79% savings) and I earned a $4 OYNO Q & $5 OYNO Q


Transaction #3:

3 biscuits/3 cinnamon rolls (price varied since I had different Q amounts)

Total OOP: $3.20, Saved: $5.96 (65.07% savings) and I earned a $4 OYNO Q

siggy

No comments:

Post a Comment